Wednesday, February 28, 2007

workin' so hard...



so i have been knitting. last weekend i started a shawl, promptly realized i wouldn't have enough yarn for it, frogged it and started a scarf. it was love at first k2tog. really. i didn't hate one minute of it. i wanted to knit on forever! i enjoyed the yarn (pattons wool/soy blend stuff--i'm too lazy to get up and find it), i enjoyed the pattern (from my pattern a day calander i got for $4 at the end of january), i just loved it. i took it with me to meet my sisters future inlaws. i took it with me when my sister tried on wedding dresses. i would have taken it into the shower with me if i hadn't known it would felt up. i am pleased. i am in love. and i am proud. i spent like 10 minutes trying to get more photos. you're just going to have to live with this one picture of my baby.

did i mention i have never done a pattern like this. like with holes and yarn overs? almost like a lace pattern (i think, i haven't ventured there yet). this is some seriously proud knitting. then i forgot to wear it to school today to show it off. oh well, there is always tomorrow! with this new found confidence in my ability, i think i am ready to conquor rusted root. i feel that it is in my bones to knit it. i know that i can do the beautiful leaves. i just don't know about cotton yet. i'm a little scared. but i think it might be time for a challenge that doesn't involve library knowledge. bring it on.

also, i got crafty with a pair of jeans. look ma, i actually finished it in a timely fashion! i started this last week as well. you know the drill...old jeans, cut, seam rip, add in some modesty panels, and sew it together. it's my first attempt at using a sewing machine since i was in the 7th grade. i did pretty good i think. i found the directions all over the net and just sort of winged it. life is good

No comments: