Sunday, March 04, 2007

the BEST week(end) ever!

well i must say, if it wasn't the best weekend ever! first, i am a prize winner! for the first time in my blog reading history. yay for me! over at the ol' funfur hat project, i won the clover leaf lace mitts pattern from knitspot. so exciting! i am looking forward to knitting them.

also, i did eight loads of laundry yesterday, folded 8 loads of laundry, and put away 8 loads of laundry. i thought i had to buy new socks, turns out, i just needed to find all the socks in the dirty clothes piles!


and if that wasn't enough, i cleaned dog nose smudges off the window. and cleaned the screen door window (better to spy on my neighbors that way). it's crazy. it was so nice today in anaconda i hung out with the front door open letting in light, and it was like there was no window there! so that was also really great.


then i went to the cashore marionettes at the historic washoe theatre. it was amazing. you should have been there! there was a horse marionette with like 20 strings, an elephant with nearly 40 strings, a woman with a baby (and the baby was a seperate puppet! the puppeteer did two at one time, and had the woman lay the baby down in a cradle--mind blowing!). i went by myself and there is something so nice about doing stuff like that by yourself. bob came home and asked if i went by myself and i said yes and he told me i was much braver than he. but i have no problem with doing stuff like that by myself--you're in the dark, you couldn't talk to anyone anyways--so no big deal. it reminded me of living in portland. i spent a lot of time wondering around by myself and i like that feeling. it's very nice :)


then today my old roommates rachel and alex came to visit me. it was so nice to see rachel, i haven't seen her since she moved and it's been like two years! hi rachel! so they brought over bagels and scones that were delicious and we hung out and caught up. it was really enjoyable.


i also washed my car, finished a book, and wrote three units to teach! now, i'm sure you're asking, "But Anne, how did you manage to get all this stuff done? And why were you so ambitious?" The answer is simple--I am avoiding. i'm avoid work, i'm avoid school, i'm just avoiding all those agravating things in my life (also avoiding a knitting project for a very special girl which makes me feel sort of bad). I am so overwhelmed with my coursework for this semester that i just sit and stare at my $400 worth of books and wonder, "why did i do this to me?" and now...this huge long blog...avoiding my homework still. it's 7:38 and i have a 100 point project due tomorrow and i haven't finished the reading for it yet. anyone know if montana has any sort of guidelines for spending budgets in the library? yeah, me either! so i'm off to do some reading and hopefully accomplish something tonight.


ohhh! and in knitting...i broke down, bought the rusted root pattern, realized i have a skein of the yarn in my basket and am ready to start practicing that lace repeat! yay!!!



(mt. haggin x-country ski area)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Anne! Your Dad sent us the link to the newspaper article - YOU ARE FAMOUS!!! Great job on the scarf!