Sunday, March 29, 2009

more stitches for my...friends hehehehehe



okay, so i've been knitting. i love this hat. it's the thorpe. i used nashua yarn (the same as my bella mittens. i made this for my moms coworker. she had requested a hat with ear flaps and a pompom. i thought this hat would fit the bill. i added the pompom but everything was pretty much the same. well, i ended up way off gauge in length so i had to cut out a few rows. however i don't think a lot was lost. it was quick knit and i will definately be making one for myself. the only downfall, damn crochet edge. i hate to crochet and it makes me want to poke my eyes out. but i think the crochet edge turned out okay. i'm calling it good enough. by the way, sorry about the photos. i'm not really wanting to find the camera.

in other news: another 8+ inches of snow today. in case your wondering, that makes it about 30 inches in three weeks. its no gillette, but it's not too bad. luckily it melts during the week and then snows on saturday or sunday night. i'm sad because there is no bike rides yet.

No comments: