Monday, December 18, 2006

mom, close your eyes

ohhhhhhhhhhh christmas knitting-DONE!!!! AND I'M SO EXCITED! rarely do i knit things that i really truely love how they turned out. okay i can't think of one. but this years christmas presents are so superb!!! far better than last years huge poinsetta pins. ahhhhhhh i am so excited. i have to share!

don't mind the mess. 5 knitted pears from interweave knits! i do have three more to felt that i made this weekend. i love them. i have students asking me to make pears for them! and teachers asking me if i can make all fruit. so my thinking process is on. and if that wasn't enough...check this out!


more felting. i love this hat. it's from here i love it so much, i'm giving it away.(added later after erased post, sorry to get your hopes up, but i'm not randomly giving it away. that's right, it's for my one skein secret pal. ha! i had to knit something i felt comfortable giving way, much better than those pesky fingerless gloves) and i'm going to make one for me. in red. to go with my new pea coat. that's blue.
seriously. so excited!

yeah, the mittens, i still haven't gotten my needle, so no mittens for lexie, just a top secret present.

other than that, it's been a really exciting week. we got a new chair for our living room (photo's tomorrow), we got an automatic cat box (jury is still out on that), and i'm healthy again! life is good. my school has its christmas program on wednesday, and then it's up to kalispell to see my family. ohhhh and my sister got engaged this weekend. way to go nick and lexie! so we get to celebrate that! i had my cooking exchange with teachers tonight and we had a lot of fun. i'm too full though. and the cookies are brilliant, life is good. our house is all ready for st. nick!


ps, i love that recover post button. i swear i erase every damn post before i get it done.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL PEARS ANNE! I have that magazine and keep looking at it sitting on our coffee table, but just didn't get around to trying them - they came out great! And a big CONGRATS to Lexie!! Hopefully I'll get to come this time!!

Jenn said...

Oh I love the pears! My husband is from Helena, and we go back almost ever summer. We even have friends in Anaconda!

Jenn said...

Oh I love the pears! My husband is from Helena, and we go back almost ever summer. We even have friends in Anaconda!

Unknown said...

Anne,

You've been tagged for the "6 Weird Things About Me" game. Come to my blog if you want to play!

Anonymous said...

Your pears are amazing! That magazine has been begging me to knit something from it --- maybe after the holidays.

Again, beautiful work on the pears!