Tuesday, December 12, 2006

when it rains, it pours

so my husband has a degree in english. you would think that if i married an english major, i would be better with grammar, spelling, and other language things. but i'm not. i was rereading my posts from the past few weeks and man are there a lot of typos in it. so i'm sorry, but i try my best. perhaps it's just a problem with being me.

so the damage to my car is worth $2100. woohoo, it's really great. but the parts are on order so hopefully i'll get it fixed soon.

anyways onto knitting and other crafting content.

so my felted pears are knitted and partially sewn. so after book club tonight i'll stuff them and sew them up and start the felting process. it says that they need to be washed 8 times. that seems some what crazy to me. so i'm going to give it a try with just a couple of times.

the mittens: still on a stand still due to the fact that i lost a stupid needle. idiot...

did i tell you about the gumdrop wreath? the stupid gumdrops keep falling out. so i need to do some amending with that. so no pictures yet. and we put our tree up on sunday. it looks really nice actually. i love it. so we're almost ready for the holiday. did i mention i need to buy presents still? oh well.

and in other news, i worked on some record bowls. i have this friend whose grandmother recently died, so she keeps giving me records, i really want to perfect this art, so i worked on it tonight. is it a totally lame gift to give to my book club friends? i hope not, because i'm going to! but i want to come up with a way to make slightly more regular bowls. i know i should just embrace the varied nature of the art, but i'm slightly anal, and i want them to be perfect. i'm also thinking of spray painting a few of them. so any suggestions would be really great. it sort of stresses me out. and i only have about 300 records to practice on eheheheh

i feel bad that my blog is horrible ramblings, but this is honestly the way i think in my head. it's like one big run on sentence! but i try to break it up on here with some pictures. but let me know if you want the content or make up of this blog to go in a different direction. i'm open to recommendations!


right, so i had some pictures to add and i spent the time doing it, but they never uploaded, so instead this is a pictureless entry written like three days ago. i have some really cute finished projects that i'll post pictures of when i'm feeling better. i think strep has finally made it to our house and now i have been sidelined by it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Anne, (and I don't want to pile on considering your earlier apology) but if you keep starting sentences with "so...." shouldn't it be "sew..."?

Unknown said...

Hi Anne! I'm tagging you in the "6 Weird Things About Me" game! Check my blog if you want to play!

Merry Christmas! Make sure you get your share of the Brownie Box this year!