Monday, January 08, 2007

ask me about my knitting!

despite my inability to make up my mind about what to knit, i kept myself rather busy this weekend. i completed two, count them two, hats and one half of a pair of mittens. the mittens are late christmas gifts for my sister. and the hats, they were just out of boredom. the pattern was here. i had some yarn in my small stash that i didn't really like (why do i feel the need to buy yarn in colors i'm not fond of?). so i figured knitting a hat with it couldn't be worse than just having it in a ball. so i got to work. turns out, i wasn't too fond of it knit up. but i had to finish? why? well of course i started it thursday night and promised to to a coworker for their daughters birthday on friday. so i sat down and i got to work. let me show you. just too flat and big and floppy. so i had to reknit it. and i did. that's right folks. during the anaconda/hamilton girls basketball game, i knit. and i knit hard. and i came home and knit. and i changed the pattern and decreased 6 stitches every other round rather than every round. and i did the band in a size smaller needle then called for. and i finished the damn thing. i found two of the cutest buttons that were silver and had square holes. and i even wove in all the ends that night. it was amazing knitting for me. and sunday afternoon i gifted it. without taking a pictures. alas. it was a cute hat. so what do i do? i cast on for some mittens. why not? it's sunday morning. the house is picked up (notice i did not say clean, just picked up). i don't have a really stellar mitten pattern. so i ended up with this point mitten. i like my mittens to have nice rounded tops, not pointy. anyone with a pattern that fits that description i would be soooooo greatful to. so i have one mitten without a thumb done. i'm pleased.

and also. i was reading over here about this. so i decided i would start knitting up some charity hats. well, i haven't bought the yarn because my car has been in the shop since last tuesday (it's fixed, it's beautiful, and i'm thrilled!). so tomorrow i'm going to return my overdue library book. hit up the possible yarn here in town, and then head to butte to get some fun fur to get knitting. dang i wish i could knit at work! so that's my story and i'm sticking too it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are a knitting fool Anne! We'll have to do some needle duelling during the wedding next summer. Of course it will be snowing . . .