Wednesday, January 03, 2007

it's a new day...

well school was rockin today. who would of thought? i really enjoyed it. i think being with the kids reminded me why i am a teacher. i absolutely love it when the kids make me laugh (and they do it a lot). i just am feeling insecure about what i do for these kids. but enough about that.

for christmas from my inlaws we got to buy a chair for our living room (we do have other seating, we just really wanted this particular chair). we ended up over estimating the cost of the chair so we had money left over. my wonderful husband let me buy a new pea coat that i had been eyeing for a while. and we STILL had money left over! so we broke down and we bought an automatic cat litter box. such an indulgence, but totally worth it. i love it! although the noise it makes is rather obnoxious, but it's a small price to pay for a clean litter box. i just love it. but the best part is totally the dogs reaction. if he hears the cat box clean (even if he is dead asleep anywhere in our house), he jumps up and runs to watch it. it's hilarious! i think he is envious of the cats. i just have to scoop his poop with a plastic bag. but anyways, i could just go on and on about the benifits of my great cat box...

now to knit or not to knit. let me explain my dilema. in about 15 days, i start my online courses to finish up my library endorsement. i'm a little nervous because damn do i hate online courses. and these just suck. i learn a ton from my teacher (i've had the same teacher for like 5 classes), she's awesome. but i just hate all the work. so i won't be able to knit much. which leaves me with this dilema. i don't know what i want to knit right now. i, unlike it appears to be the rest of blogland, do not have a stash. i have some oddball yarn, but like one or two or half a skeins worth. i do however have about 8 balls of sock yarn (i've produced 1 pair of socks in my knitting time). so, do i break down and buy new yarn for a sweater ( i really really want to make a sweater) even though i wouldn't be able to buy anything else for the month (pb & j it is), or do i knit some socks (small knitting makes me nervous---my mittens are making me ill). or...do i just search through the stash and make another hat (which i do need)? i tell you i don't know what to do. also, i have three beautiful skeins of blue sky alpaca (two baby blue and one white), any suggestions on what to do with it? it has been calling my name...

so that's my problem. i have knitters block. yeah...


duh...i forgot a picture to make the post interesting! these are our wonderful pets: francisco, gus, and crackers. they're great

1 comment:

randi K design said...

Cute kittens...