Sunday, April 19, 2009

a little stressed

my yarn came from knit picks last weekend, so i started owls yesterday. i swatched this damn sweater and i don't know what my problem is. i got gauge in stitches, but uhm...not so much in rows. so i winged it. now i'm questioning my decision to go with it. i'm worried the back decreases will be in strange spots. PLUS because i'm a tight knitter, i had to go up to a size 11 needle. that's usually not a problem, but these sweater seems a little loose. so what do i do? i'm almost the armpits, so do just keep going and see how it turns out? or should i just say screw it and frog it? i'm really uncertain. this is why i need a knitting mentor. or someone who lives with me who knows more than i do about knitting. this is the problem with being a wing-it kind of knitter...it usually works out with scarfs, but sweaters and socks is a whole different deal.

problem two...i cast off my sock on wednesday and realized that it was too tight. what kind of cast off should i do to aleviate this problem?

not pictures of either for now, but this is a photo of me and francisco. he comes home about twice a week at night and tonight he was wanting to sit with me. he is the most cuddly cat and i'm always so excited when he comes home. i've had this cat the longest so he's super special to me, even if he's dirty and smells funny.

night

No comments: