Tuesday, August 03, 2010

days 4-9

day 4: july 23 1.7 miles 23 minutes
day 5: july 26, 2.2 miles, 30 minutes
day 6: july 27, 1.5 miles, 19 minutes
day 7: july 30, 2.73 miles, 36 minutes
day 8: july 31, .95 miles, 12 minutes
day 9: august 2, 2.75 miles, 35 minutes

love love love that i've been running again. the weather has been great. its nice to get out of the house. ada tried the jogging stroller, and cried the entire way. but she had like the worst day ever where she didn't nap, didn't sleep, and fell over repeatedly, AND i hurt her eye with the dog leash. it did involve a rope burn across her eyelid. sad day for everyone involved.

now despite my running not as frequently as i wanted (but still doing okay), i am so sad with my speed. i feel like i run at a walk speed. and my times show this. it just...makes my heart hurt. so i ignore it. most of the time. how do i get faster? i'm a little stressed.

in other news: 5k planned for this fall, 10k in the spring, bloomsday in the spring...and the missoula half marathon. i know i can do it!

3 comments:

Dan said...

Sometimes when my heart hurts --- yes I HAVE one-- I realize it's agida. Maybe something you ate. Just sayin'

brundin said...

Oh Angie! Your sadness hurts my heart! Speed will come in time, endurance first, speed second.

anne said...

dan: i've been suffering that if i eat french fries. this feels different. but i'll keep an eye on that

les: i figure that...but still...sometimes i feel like i would go faster if i speed walked!